Alliance2015 agrees that joint advocacy can decisively foster the systemic change needed for sustainable, just, and equitable societies.
We also acknowledge that as an Alliance, we are at the beginning of a journey and as we move forward we will learn, strengthen our common positions, and further shape our unique voice.
We recognise the opportunity to speak as a network, to build on and add value to our common strengths and solidarity, thus amplifying individual voices globally and locally. Building on our rights-based development and humanitarian work with civil society in the country and with people living in poverty, we advocate to make progress towards sustainable, inclusive, and equitable development possible for all. Our advocacy is guided by shared principles and values.
In all our advocacy we:
- Believe in the strength of many voices speaking in unison, therefore we are a team player and work with others.
- Are inclusive of all voices without discrimination and aim to create as much as possible a level playing field between Alliance2015, its members and their partners, and stakeholders.
- Respect human rights, gender equality, and planetary boundaries. These guide our relationships between rights holders (the communities) and duty bearers (notably the EU’s external action).
- Use a voice that is always respectful, inclusive, and open minded. We are not unduly opinionated but base our positions on evidence-based knowledge and experience.
- Ensure that our global advocacy activities are firmly rooted in the needs of civil society in the country and the most vulnerable communities.